Useful, usable, findable, credible. Desirable, accessible, and valuable – these are the main things that make a website’s UX design and praiseworthy. Let’s learn all about this in this article.
A large number of people choose WordPress for their personal or corporate website for several reasons. But one of the main reasons we have found that people are using this CMS for its extensive collection of different themes, templates, and ease of customization. So, in recent, WordPress developers also put their efforts more into the UX, overall look of the theme or templates, and help to give this CMS more variant than other traditional themes you could find back in the last few years.
However, a good theme and design hinge on how the users experience their journey/surfing while visiting on your website. This term is called UX. A WordPress theme with better UX design can hold your visitor for a longer time within your website and provide them with a better experience and earn their satisfaction: that is what you want as a website owner, right?
So, today, we are going to tell you about the essential UX Factors You Should Know about Your WordPress Website.
“UX” indicates “User Experience.” It mainly consists of two terms: User Interface Design and Usability. It determines how useful is your website’s layout and how the users interact with it. It also depends on the smoothness, effectiveness, ease of use of your website. A good UX design can enhance your customer satisfaction, improve usability, and provide better interaction experience between the customer and the product.
If a WordPress website has a better combination of both of the UX and UI, you can put it on the best WordPress theme list. However, if you want to have some top-notch theme with perfect UX and UI design, try these WordPress themes like BeTheme, Studio 8, or Saasland.
But if you want to have the WordPress theme specially for your SaaS, start-ups, agency, software, mobile app, or any related website, try this one of the best-selling WordPress themes in 2019: “Saasland – A Multi-Purpose Theme for Stratus, Business, Agencies.” You can use this as the best start-up WordPress theme or as your software or any IT services WordPress theme.
First of all, let us share a diagram of 7 serious factors that directly affect any website’s user experience.
After analyzing these, we have made a list of some UX factors that you must know to improve the experience and interaction of your users. Here below, you can know about the key factors that influence your website and can help to build a smooth and interactive WordPress website.
01. Better Interaction: If your website has small fonts, low contrast ratio, hard-to-read texts, then this can be a problem for all of your users. So, the first two criteria of a good website are its interaction and the usefulness. If your website is not that useful to your users, they do not care about your services or your online presence. Your website should be easy to use (usable) and useful to convert the target readers to your customers. Also, it should contain the features and contents that might be helpful for them.
Besides, the usability or interaction with your website is related to how easily your user can land on a page and interact with their desired action without having any problem or distractions. (ex: large click areas, perfect place, and spaces where users know they can click).
02. Speed and Performance: The speed and the uptime – these two are significant factors for every website that exists on the world wide web. Web hosting companies mainly handle these two vital factors, however. So, choosing the right host for your website is essential. It is also vital when it comes to Google ranking factors. However, speed and performance also depend on the theme, the lite coding, images, and other elements used to build the theme. WordPress themes with good UX always is lite, fast, and perform better in any server.
03. Eye-Catching Colors: Human eyes are easily attracted to colors. An accurate, right, and eye-pleasant color always attracts our eyes and gives us a wonderful feeling. So, the website interface with attractive colors is fundamental to its users. It can enhance the customer’s mood, make them stay longer on your website, and it has an impact on web marketing as well.
04. Images and Digital Content: Digital contents like images, videos, and infographics are nowadays one of the effective methods to get the customer’s attention. A good quality picture can speak or explain without writing a thousand words. Excellent images and infographics also do not let the users become boring by reading thousands of words without seeing any visual content. So, to make your WordPress UX better, images on your web pages play a vital role.
05. Responsiveness: In 2019, mobile phone internet users are 63.4% globally. That means 63.4% of all online traffic comes from smartphones and tablets. This statistic shows us how vital is the responsive design for your website. If you want to ensure a great UX for your WordPress website, you need to make it suitable across all devices. Your website should be 100% mobile-friendly and should have better interaction and usability in mobile devices too.
06. No Errors: If your users find any ”error page” like 404 error or bad gateway error, they might be annoyed and leave your website without further browsing. So, checking and solving all the errors of your WordPress site is another important UX factor.
07. Provide Value: If the users do not find any value while browsing your website, they do not get satisfied with your products or services and do not come back again. So, your website must deliver value through its contents to convince the users and make them pleased with your website.
Now get to another important point: how to improve or implement the UX factors to your website. Here are our pro tips:
Before the optimization or implementation of UX improvement, you should invest your time in UX research as it is the backbone of any successful website design. For that, you need to know how to research thoroughly and accurate. For this research, in short, you need a card sorting tool, UX expert review, Usability test, user persona, etc. All of them together can provide a useful research result.
Next, you should give your attention to the speed and performance of your WordPress website. Buy a good hosting plan from a well-known hosting provider. Make sure they provide 99% uptime on average. And also, perform speed tests and solve the problems if the “Speed Test” result shows any.
Then make some attractive images and infographics and put them within your written content. Make them colorful, meaningful, and eye-catching. But make sure the images are well optimized before using them into your website.
Besides, you need to pay attention to whether the font size, font colors, menu bars, and other elements of your websites are working well or not. Also, check the responsiveness of your theme.
Finally, check all the errors, remove 404 pages, and always keep your theme updated and check whether it is working/performing well or not. If you are not that techie person, there are plenty of WordPress themes with excellent UX design. You can check them from here: “10 Best WordPress Themes with Excellent UX and UI Design”.
A good UX depends on the design of your WordPress website, images, logo, elements, interaction, usability, and aesthetics. The more gorgeous and desirable your website is, the more the users get pleased and would want to come back. Not only that, if they love the UX of your website, honestly speaking, they tell other people about your website too. So, try to use a WordPress theme with great UX and modern design.